Simplify in Four Realms:
to reduce stress on children and parents, and allow room for connection, creativity, and relaxation
Environment: De-clutter too much stuff at home.
Rhythm: Lower stress and anxiety, by introducing rhythmic moments each day for connection and calm. Scheduling: Soothe overwhelming schedules to bring Moments for Being into all the doing.
Unplugging: Reduce the influence of adult concerns, media and consumerism on children to increase resilience, and social and emotional intelligence.
"Simplicity is not really an end in itself but a pathway to connectedness to ourselves, our partners and our children. The beauty of Simplicity Parenting is that it offers a path that leaves each of us free to parent from the inner spaciousness that simplicity provides."
Kim John Payne, Author
Parents who take steps along this pathway, simplifying homes and schedules, introducing more predictable rhythms and filtering out concerns of which children are not yet able to cope, find that their children:
- Are calmer and happier
- Do better socially and emotionally
- Are more focused at school
- Find it easier to comply with family rules
- Become less picky eaters
These parents also find that they themselves:
- Have a clearer picture of what they value as parents
- Are more united with each other in their parenting
- Have more time & energy for connection, relaxation, & fun.
Simplicity Parenting Coaching is helpful when:
- A family member is stressed, overwhelmed, or acting out and you need help identifying what exactly needs to shift.
- Lifestyle transitions are needed to support a therapeutic or healing process.
- Changes are in the home: a move, blending a family, a new job, or the arrival of a new baby.
- You long for a new way of relating in the family, or to create sacred space within your home.
A child is having difficulty with:
- Attention related disorders: ADD, ADHD
- Behavioral problems: oppositional, defiant, compulsive, eating disorders
- Social issues: bullying, teasing or exclusion
Simple adjustments in routines, environment and communication style can provide great relief to everyday stresses. I will help you:
- Strengthen impulse control
- Create compliance with your children
- Reduce sibling rivalry
- Smooth transitions
- Increase cooperation
Call Sue today for a complimentary 15 minute introduction.
Begin simplifying, calming, and connecting.
Certified Simplicity Parenting Counselor,
Certified Waldorf Collaborative Counselor: Antioch University, New England
Sue is experienced with both children and adults who have: developmental disabilities, eating disorders, attention priority issues, environmental illness and food sensitivities, learning differences, anxiety disorders, and cumulative stress response in the settings of hospitals, mental health institutions, schools and homes. Sue loves helping parents of young children establish rhythms and routines that ease daily stressors and increase the joy of being together!
Sue also offers compassionate yet practical strategies for families with "soul fevered" teens and tweens. She is particularly interested in working with families to create long term change. Whether by helping to establish lifestyles that may prevent the need for further therapeutic intervention, or supporting families already in a therapeutic process, the newly formed habits will help to sustain lasting results.
Testimonial: " I am pleased to say that even with the demands of dealing with my tween, that it's hard to imagine having a level of family disharmony that we must have had when worked with you back then. Clearly a turning point and it's stuck! "